Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Procrastination

WOW! -- It's been a long time since I posted (hence the appropriate title for the post).  I lot has happened.  The short list,

1. Raylee was born 12/19/11

2. I graduated from Missouri Western State Uni.

3. I started dental school at UMKC SOD
4. I joined the Navy to pay for dental school
5. Anie is pregnant again, due 8/20/13
6. My Mom moved out of Savannah, MO

These are the big things that have changed in my life.

Right now, I am procrastinating.  Tomorrow I have a test over Oral Diagnosis and a practical on #19 class 1 preparation & # 30 restoration and Friday a physiology test.  So, naturally, I am blogging a post to prepare. I really don't want to study. Spring break is next week so I am trying to push through but it is just not happening.  I have been surfing the web looking for information on Officer Development School (ODS). ODS is the 5 week "navy camp" that I have to do this summer to learn how to be a navy officer.  I am kind of excited for it.  From what I've learned it is nothing like navy boot camp.  It is suppose to be a lot easier.  That's why I call it "navy camp". I plan on blogging about it so my wife  knows what I went through.  I need to lose some weight before I go.  I am suppose to be 190 lbs. Obviously I'm not. I pushing 200 lbs. I have a month between the end of school and when my departure date (6/16/13) to lose weight.  I don't think it will be too hard, I hope.
Well, I should post on here more often. It is kind of therapeutic writing down all the thoughts that are going through my head.  (It could also be dangerous).
So far, school is going well. I am doing better than last semester. I have all A's and B's. This time last semester I had a few C's.  Did I mention that dental school is hard.  I consider myself a laid back individual who handles stress better than most, but dental school has made me question that.  I have realized that the way I deal with stress is by ignoring my responsibilities.  For instance, this post. I should be nose deep in my lecture notes right now. But, I'm not.  And I realize that my tests are not going to go away but I am a creature of habit. Ignoring my responsibilities to reduce my stress has been a staple in my character for so long that it is a hard thing to change. OH Well, at least I have my wonderful wife to help me stay focused. She is my source of motivation.  I feel bad when I let myself down but I feel worse when I let her down.  I guess I should wrap this up and stop procrastinating. Maybe I should watch some netflix before I start studying, just to relax my mind for all this writing. Yep

No comments:

Post a Comment